Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Thrifty Finds: fabric and notions

I've discussed the problem with my local thrift stores at length (if you don't feel like clicking, the long and short of it is that they pay higher rent than in other parts of the country, and the pricers are very Internet savvy... making most local thrift stores here not very "thrifty").

So I didn't feel like I was getting the greatest deal when I walked out paying $16.05 for the fabric, binding, bias tape, and piping pictured above.

But I couldn't help it; 50 cents for each of the Wrights tape/binding/etc. was certainly a good buy. I would've purchased those anyway. The fabric all worked out to about $2 or less a yard, but it still pained me to buy it, considering I've still got my Gramma's stash to work through.

It's just that I don't think I have any little boy fabric in the current stash, and I've got to start jamming out various item's for my son's room. The trucks and tractors pictured above hardly fit with the "Robots in Space" boys room theme, but at the very least they could go in a quilt. Prices for the truck and tractor remnants ranged from 50 cents for a 7 inch by 2.25 yard strip, to $2.50 for 2 full yards of the John Deere stuff.

The 90s looking floral second from left I'm not particularly fond of, but for the price and quantity ($5.50 for 3 yards), it'd be great for a muslin without me actually having to use muslin. And that piece in the middle is may absolute fave; a HOUNDSTOOTH with a FLORAL BORDER PRINT! I paid $2.50 for 1.5 yards, but might've dropped a little more for that one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...