Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Project inspiration: retro bread boxes

UPDATE: Here's the post with my DIY Retro Bread Box based on the following vintage bread bins.

I've been pining away for one of those vintage enamel bread boxes with the word "BREAD" emblazoned across them for a couple of years now.

It all started when I thought I would get into making my own sourdough bread, and I was looking for the best way to keep it once it'd been made. Metal bread boxes turned out to be the answer.

My sourdough starter died, but my desire to own a metal bread bin did not.

Too bad the kind I like mostly start in the 60 dollar range.

I've pinned a bunch on my kitchen Pinterest board, hoping to DIY one for much cheaper. I've come up with a decent solution, but before I show you the project, I wanted to share some of my inspiration...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...