Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Eat your heart out, "Robin's Egg Blue"

Just kidding, Robin's Egg Blue, I still love you.

But this chicken egg is about to give you a run for your money.

I present to you, "Americana Egg Green"...
I know what you're thinking. "That's not very green."

Just trust me on this one. They're much greener IRL, and my mother-in-law's Americanas/Araucanas don't seem to be laying as green as they were a few months back.
But these hen's eggs can get very green. Case in point, these pictures I pinned...


Eggs weren't the only thing we brought home from our trip to visit the in-laws in Mendocino County.

We also hit the thrift stores. Husband didn't find anything, but I got a wad of bias tapes for 50 cents each, and this weird elephant fabric...
I liked it, but my Grampa just gave me even more of Gramma's stash. As in another, even larger Rubbermaid tub. Did I really need to buy more fabric? Husband ended up talking me into it.

It this loosely woven, linen-like white, with blue and red elephants screen-printed onto it. I haven't checked the selvedge for info. You can see I (husband) paid 3.25 for 1.66 yards. I thought it looked 60's-ish, or like nautical elephants.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...